Location: European Union
Website Address: https://climate-pact.europa.eu/ambassadors/meet-our-ambassadors_en
- Project Details:
The European Climate Pact Ambassadors are people from different walks of life and all corners of Europe, all committed to climate action, so they inform, inspire and support climate action in their communities and networks.
Thematic Area: Climate Change Mitigation.
Thematic Sub-category: Green Urbanism related to improving social relations.
Type of Actor/Agent:
- European Climate Pact Ambassadors (leaders in local communities, networks, civil society organisations, youth and student initiatives, as well as mayors, other public office holders, opinion leaders and influencers, from across Europe).
Typology of Green Urban Site: They organize activities related to climate and environmental action (like planting trees, car free days, information and awareness days, etc.) in any city site.
- Green City Elements used – Human-Powered Mobility, Public Transport, Electric and Alternative Mobility, Shared Mobility and MaaS, Multimodal Mobility, Green Urbanism, Energy Efficiency in Urban Planning, Energy Communities, Alternative Energy Sources, Buildings and Climate Change, Circular Design, 3Rs and 7Rs, Conscious Consumption, Smart People, Smart Governance, Smart Mobility, Smart Living, Citizen Engagement, Urban Energy Consumption, Energy Savings.
- Engagement and Consultation:
Target Group – Citizens.
Public Engagement – YES.
Consultation Tools Used – Survey or feedback forms at public meetings, Workshop with small discussion, Focus groups, Written reports, Stakeholder interviews, Proper public engagement.
- Innovation and Impact:
Level of Scale of Innovation: 3
Abstract of Elements of Innovation – European Climate Pact Ambassadors, due to their different profiles are able to show and convince to different communities (Schools, works, neighbourhoods) of the climate current situation, and the need and ways of palliating environmental damages caused in daily life. Furthermore, many problems and solutions can be discussed and put in common to find solutions among all.
Expected Impact Medium.
- Analysis: – Needs Analysis conducted.
- Benefits (B) and Challenges (C):
(B) Temperature & Climate control, Improved Air Quality, Social cost savings (such as the impact of reduced air pollution), Recreational opportunities, adjusting psychological well-being and physical health, Enhancing social ties, Providing educational opportunities.
- Resources and Transferability:
Teaching Materials/Resources: https://climate-pact.europa.eu/ambassadors/together-15degc_en (in this link, it´s possible to meet people who actions are making a difference to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis, and to limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C)
Personal Skills Required: HIGH
Non-discriminatory Principles YES
Transferability Potential Medium